Join WAS at Snowbird this winter for ski and snowboard lessons starting December 14th through April 11th (dates subject to change). Lessons include a lift ticket, instruction, and rentals or adaptive equipment. Thank you for your patience as we navigate this time and continue to update our procedures to provide a safe and enjoyable experience to each of our students!
Lessons are available Monday through Sunday at Snowbird Resort. Lessons held at resorts besides Snowbird and Alta are offered at full-day pricing only. On request, WAS will provide lessons at Alta, Solitude, Brighton, Sundance, or other resorts with the approval of each.
- Local Students Pre-season Scheduling: UT residents can begin scheduling lessons on Monday, November 2 by contacting the WAS office (email@example.com; 801.834.0476). In an effort to adhere to limited capacity and COVID mitigation policies, UT students can schedule:
- 1 lesson in December
- 1 weekend lesson each month
- 1 weekday lesson every other week (beginning Monday, January 4, 2021)
- Students can be added to the waitlist for any day not scheduled.
- Local students can sign up for 2-hour lessons during one of the following time slots: 10:00 am-12:00 pm, 10:30 am-12:30 pm, 1:00 pm-3:00 pm, and 1:30 pm-3:30 pm.
- Saturday/Sunday lessons at Snowbird will be only offered from 1:00 pm-3:00 pm and 1:30 pm-3:30 pm.
- Morning lessons at Snowbird on Saturday/Sunday will only be available for guests staying at the resort.
- Out of Town Students Scheduling: Students must schedule a minimum of 2 months in advance. WAS cannot guarantee availability for any lesson requests made after December 15 but will try to accommodate all requests.
- Out of town students can take half-day only lessons from either 9:30 am-12:00 pm or 1:00 pm-3:30 pm.
- Out of town students can request 2 half-day lessons on the same day but WAS instructors will not be available to stay with the student for lunch from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm.
Get started by completing the required paperwork found on the Program Registration page and following the steps towards your lesson on the snow top mountains of Utah!
- Local Blackout Dates: UT residents will not be able to schedule lessons prior to the season during holiday periods (12/28/20-1/3/21; 1/16/21-1/18/21; 2/13/21-2/15/21). UT students who request lessons during those times will be added to the waitlist and scheduled as capacity allows.
- Pricing: Scholarships are available for all lessons at Snowbird and Alta.
- Local UT students: $40 for a 2-hour lesson
- Out of town students: $150 for a 2.5-hour lesson